The picture above is of the master bedroom. "Where's the artwork?" you might ask. Well, again, they had these giant scroll pieces stencilled onto the specialty finished wall. But wait.....there's more! It's asymmetrical. L-ah-v-e it! Nope, I wasn't even gonna wait for these chatty ladies to move before I snapped my shot.
See the scroll peeking out in the photo above?!
- Mercury Glass - See the headboard? Ever seen glass that looks old? Black spots, sorta? That's mercury glass, and it was everywhere. Ahhhhhhh. Also, notice the details on these pillows. Real feather flowers, beaded trim, ruffles on the euros, blink on the buttons. Wow.
- The Unexpected - Ok. You betta wow me. You're a show house. I don't wanna see the predictable and expected. Here's a great example of how they did just that. Here is the artwork in the laundry room. Or should I say one of the laundry rooms. Most of the houses had two or three laundry rooms! Anyway, clothes pins! How cute! And cheap!
- Glazing Furniture and cabinets - I was anxious to see if glazing cabinets and furniture would still be a trend, and thank goodness it is! My guess is this piece is an orangey oak base, topped with a light grey blue paint, and glazed with a brown glaze. Mmmmm.
- Chandeliers - And I mean chandeliers. Everywhere. Usually more than one in one area. This was a great solution for such large rooms and furniture pieces. Unexpected. I loved this area. It's the
breakfast nookcasual dining and hearth room. Uhhm. Yea, I've got one of those, too. Right next to my laundry room # 3.
- Stripes - Chevron stripes, horizontal stripes, and vertical stripes. And big ones. This is the teen boy's room. The peach stripe is much more orangey in person. My son would buy it I think.
Whatcha think? What's your fav?